20 October | Review 5
Showed the animation (almost completed)
Feedback:
-The voiceover doesn’t sound as urgent anymore (it should, at least towards the end)
- Script too political at places; people catch on to ‘government hospital’ and ‘villages around Bangalore’ which I might need to change. These are too specific and refer to a certain (lower) class who I’m calling aliens (and this makes me look bad). Even if the script is based on what others have said, I am responsible for it. So I need to look for alternatives.(When I showed it to peers though some took it very literally and thought my aliens were from outer space till this point.)
- One (very) important scene needs more work, need to pay attention to the visuals and find ways to subtly hint to another layer of meaning. Since it’s made using found images, need to be very careful at choice of images and associations they might evoke. Need to finish this and another link between scenes.
- Concentrate on finishing it before working on the changes
In terms of animation style etc, seems to be working fine.
(Will be sitting with Ramana on the 21st, to make it smoother)
Next meeting on the 23rd
No comments:
Post a Comment