Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Style

So far...To be read bottom upwards.

A version trying to keep the inky feel (the 1st one looked sterile I was told)
Crit: Line variation still isn't enough, and the background looks a little empty.
Variation in ink nibs doesn't seem to be working, will try a brush/charcoal/pastel as well.

An alternative attempt, using washes

I was told to forget the putty and try wires.
Before getting to that, tried some light painting.

So, I tried including some of the putty texture with the lines and lines on the putty.
Was too much of a contrast, the lines are too fine and the putty feels heavy.
It just didn't look right :/

More refined putty attempt > It didn't match the line quality though

Initial putty attempt (rough)

Animation style and line quality > needs more tones and variations

3 comments:

Akshataa Vishwanath said...

love the iterations..some really nice style explorations :)
good luck!

DIVYA GAITONDE said...

how sweet, thanks :D

Sharvari Shah said...

I LOVE the use of putty with line drawing..i think the animation is going to be AWESOME!!!