My guides are Mr. Ravindra, Ramana and Meena Vari
6.7.10
Spoke briefly with Mr. Ravindra.
Told him about my project/ showed him my brief.
‘This got approved?’
uh oh.
Some preliminary concerns,
- The topic is too open (alienation can mean a lot of things), I need to focus. (I didn’t want to do that because I was worried it would start sounding like propaganda for some issue, and it this is more of an anthropological commentary. However, it still must speak of something meaningful that might be useful to whoever comes across it.)
- My research questions are all over the place, they need to bring my project together.
- The project must have a point. It isn’t just making a script (for me) and animating it (to show my animation skills like the animation students). There is a need it must satisfy, and as of now it looks rather superficial. The need I have stated is personal which is fine, but since it is research based, it must also have a useful outcome.
- The term alien is alien; I must find local usages when talking to locals for more meaningful answer/conversation.
The problem with this is that all vernacular words have specific connotation, and what I wanted was to know how people now related to the word, which aspect of it did they relate to more. A way out of this would be to engage them in activities that would give me this answer.
The word is causing quite some confusion.
No comments:
Post a Comment